World War I Tour in Brussels
How did people live in Brussels in 1914-1918?
Did you know that in 1914, the German general staff moved into the Brussels City Hall, that the Royal Palace was used as a hospital, that the parks were transformed into a vegetable garden, that dogs pulled hand carts?
We have so many historical events and anecdotes to tell you, but also to show you during a short projection of filmed archives, making you relive the daily life of the Brussels inhabitants during the Great War.
|Type of activity:||
You decide. To be agreed with the guide.
This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- The tour highlights the consequences of the German occupation for the inhabitants of Brussels in the period «1914-1918».
- The tour includes the presentation of famous and unknown personalities that represent several aspects of the war like Victor Horta or politicians like Adolphe Max, among others.
- How the population was organized, the economic aids directed to feed Brussels’ population and food rationing policies; and, especially, the resistance of a whole city against the German occupation.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
Tailor-made service: the itineraries are arranged to suit your needs and preferences.
Meeting point and departure time will be determined according to the information provided at the time of booking. We will also contact you in advance to define the program.
“We have a team of professional guides who will accompany you at all times and adapt to your pace.”
- 200 € (guided tour of 3 hours – up to 10 people).
- 250 € (guided tour of 3 hours – up to 25 people).
- 250 € (guided tour of 6 hours – up to 10 people).
- 320 € (guided tour of 6 hours – up to 25 people).
- Every day.
- You choose.
- 3 hours or 6 hours.
- The tour is exclusively in English.
- English speaking guide.
- Exclusive and private tour.
- Tours defined according to your needs. Can be included: transport, museum admissions, meals, drinks…
Terms of service:
- The reservation is free and without charge.
- You can book up to twelve days in advance.
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the start of the tour.
Customer reviews on independent platforms:
We have the best reviews on the platforms:
Other customer reviews:
Hello, how can we help you?
Let's go, book your experience
Your tickets by e-mail instantly and free cancellation, without conditions, up to 48 hours in advance.