Sign up for this free tour of Ghent and be mesmerized by the outstanding beauty of the canals, monuments and squares. Every house hides its own story and there are myths and legends behind every facade.
Ghent has a preserved medieval centre, and several of the Gothic buildings are listed as a World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. An unmissable visit when traveling to Belgium!
- Discover Ghent, one of the most beautiful historic cities of Europe.
- Enjoy a free guided tour given by one of our local guides.
- Let you charmed by the exceptional beauty of the canals, monuments and squares of Ghent.
- Ghent has a preserved medieval centre, and several of the Gothic buildings are listed as a World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
- Every house hides its own story and there are myths and legends behind every facade.
- You’ll hear not only about the turbulent history of the city, but also learn about its urban legends.
- During the tour you’ll discover the essential sights of Ghent.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Free price (Pay what you want).
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
- You’ll hear not only about the turbulent history of the city, but also learn about its urban legends, and how the young student population is bringing life to the city.
- During the tour you’ll discover the essential sights of Ghent, such as Saint Nicholas’ Church, the Graslei and Korenlei piers and Gravensteen Castle.
- You will also find out where the locals like to go for a drink and have a good meal.
- Free (pay what you want).
- Every day.
- The hostel Uppelink (Sint-Michielsplein, 21), 10 min before the tour starts. Our guides hold a Badge of Bravo Discovery “Walking tour”.
- 2 hours.
- Guided tour with an English-speaking guide.
Frequently asked questions:
Size of the group:
To ensure the best service possible, our tours are limited to 25 participants per group. For larger groups, please contact us.
We advise you to reserve your place as soon as possible to ensure availability.
You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (depending on the availability).
How to spot our guides?
That’s easy! Our guides hold a Badge Bravo Discovery “Walking tour”.
We are a group:
We recommend our “Ghent private tour”. Send us a message to receive a personalized offer.
Do you have more questions?
If you have any further questions or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.