Art Nouveau walking tour of Brussels.
¡Welcome to our free Art Nouveau Tour of Brussels! During this tour, we will see the most important works of modernist architecture in the city. Certainly, our tour includes very famous creations of the architect Victor Horta. Some of them are part of the World Cultural Heritageby UNESCO. We will also visit the upscale Bailli quarter, in the district of Ixelles, where the most important art nouveau style houses designed by architects such as Paul Hankar, Octave Van Rysselberghe, Henry van de Velde, Albert Roosenboom among others are located …
In our free Art Nouveau Tour of Brussels, you will have a local english speaking guide, expert in architecture and the art nouveau style in particular. With this guided tour, we will not just have an in depth on this architectural style in Brussels, but will also discover the Ixelles district.
Join our free Art Nouveau Tour of Brussels. The tour lasts 2 ½ hours and it ends at the House Museum of the architect Victor Horta.
|This activity is available every Saturday at 10 am in “free tour” system (free payment) and every day with a private guide (you choose the day, the time of departure and the meeting point at your best convenience).|
To book with a private guide, send us an e-mail!
- Learn everything about the origins and the development of Art Nouveau.
- Discover the most beautiful and impressive Art Nouveau projects by architects who mastered the art of combining iron, glass, wood and stone into an infinite variety of different forms and curves.
- Visit the house of the architect Victor Horta.
- 2 ½ hour free Art Nouveau Tour of Brussels, on the origins and evolution of art nouveau in the city.
- The visit terminates in front of Victor Horta Museum, which is very convenient should you like to visit on your own afterwards.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Free (Pay what you want).
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
The tour starts at Grand Place. Afterwards, we will take the tram until the Bailli neighborhood in the Ixelles municipality, the famous neighborhood in the city with the largest number of Art Nouveau buildings in Brussels. We will collect €2.50 for the tram ride in the beginning of the tour.
We will end our Art Nouveau Tour of Brussels in front of the former home and workshop of architect Victor Horta. You will be able to visit the interior of the house of the architect Victor Horta by yourself.
Program of the free art nouveau tour of Brussels:
- “Old England House” (Musical Instruments Museum)
- Solvay House, build by Victor Horta 1894
- Tassel House, build by Victor Horta 1893/1894
- Van Rysselberghe House, built by Octave Van Rysselberghe in 1912
- Otlet Mansion, built by Octave Van Rysselberghe and Henry van de Velde 1894-1898
- Goblet d’Alviella Mansion, designed by Octave Van Rysselberghe in 1882
- The Albert Ciamberlani mansion, built by Paul Hankar in 1897
- The house of painter René Janssens, built by Paul Hankar in 1898.
- The Private Home of Architect Armand Van Waesberghe,1898
- The Beukman house, built by Albert Roosenboom in 1900
- The private home of architect Paul Hankar
- Victor Horta former home and studio, now referred to as the Horta Museum was designed by Victor Horta in 1901. Today it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and open to the public for tours.
- Free (pay what you want). Maximum 7 persons per booking. Groups of more than 7 people have a cost of 15€ per person.
- Every Saturday.
- Grand-Place in front of the City Hall. Find our guides! They hold a white umbrella.
- 2,5 hours.
- Guided tour with an English-speaking guide expert in Art Nouveau.
- The tram or bus tickets.
- The ticket to the Horta museum (optional).
Frequently asked questions:
What is the maximal group size for the free Art Nouveau Tour of Brussels?
To ensure the best service possible, our tours are limited to 25 participants per group. For larger groups, please contact us.
When is the best time to book a free Art Nouveau Tour of Brussels?
We advise you to reserve your place as soon as possible to ensure availability. You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (depending on the availability).
How to spot our guides?
That’s easy! Our guides hold a white umbrella with the “Bravo Discovery – Walking tour” logo on it.
We are a group and we would like a private guide Art Nouveau Tour of Brussels ?
We suggest, in this case, our private guide service or our Art Nouveau and Art Deco private tour in Brussels. Or send us a message to receive a personalized offer.
Is it possible to visit a Victor Horta Museum and Solvay House, during the free Art Nouveau Tour of Brussels?
You can visit the museums after the free Art Nouveau Tour, please book the museums in advance.
Information about the museums:
Horta museum – the Museum is open Tuesday to Friday 2pm – 5.30pm. Saturday and Sunday 11 am – 5.30 pm.
Do you have more questions concerning the free Art Nouveau Tour of Brussels?
If you have any further questions or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.