Learn everything about the origins and the development of Art Nouveau in Brussels during a guided tour. Discover the Bailli neighbourhood where the largest number of Art Nouveau buildings can be found. Visit the Victor Horta museum.
- Learn everything about the origins and the development of Art Nouveau.
- Discover the most beautiful and impressive Art Nouveau projects by architects who mastered the art of combining iron, glass, wood and stone into an infinite variety of different forms and curves.
- Visit the house of the architect Victor Horta.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Free (Pay what you want).
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
What to expect:
The tour starts at Grand Place. Afterwards, we will take the tram until the Bailli district, the famous village in the city with the largest number of Art Nouveau buildings in Brussels. We will collect €2.50 for the tram ride in the beginning of the tour.
- “Old England House” (Musical Instruments Museum).
- Hotel Tassel, built by Victor Horta in 1893/1894.
- Van Rysselberghe House, built by Ocatave Van Rysselberghe in 1912.
- Hotel Otlet, built by Ocatave Van Rysselberghe and Henry van de Velde from 1894-1898.
- Hotel Goblet d’Alviella, built by Ocatave Van Rysselberghe in 1882.
- Hotel Ciamberlani, built by Paul Hankar in 1897.
- The house of painter René Janssens, built by Paul Hankar in 1898.
- Architect Armand Van Waesberghe.
- The Beukman house, built by Albert Roosenboom in 1900.
- The private home of architect Paul Hankar.
- Victor Horta Museum.
- Free (pay what you want).
- Every Saturday.
- Grand-Place in front of the City Hall. Find our guides! They hold a white umbrella.
- 2,5 hours.
- Guided tour with an English-speaking guide expert in Art Nouveau.
- The tram or bus tickets.
- The ticket to the Horta museum (optional).
Frequently asked questions:
Size of the group:
To ensure the best service possible, our tours are limited to 25 participants per group. For larger groups, please contact us.
We advise you to reserve your place as soon as possible to ensure availability.
You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (depending on the availability).
How to spot our guides?
That’s easy! Our guides hold a white umbrella with the “Bravo Discovery – Walking tour” logo on it.
We are a group:
We recommend our “Art nouveau” private guided tour. Or send us a message to receive a personalized offer.
Information about the museums:
Horta museum – the Museum is open Tuesday to Friday 2pm – 5.30pm. Saturday and Sunday 11 am – 5.30 pm.
Do you have more questions?
If you have any further questions or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.