Who can’t be curious about the making of the most renowned alcoholic drink in Belgium and maybe in the world? A drink that makes Belgian’s expertise shine in an international way and which was recognized officially as so with its registration on the UNESCO list! We invite you to the discovery of this tradition during an experience that’s going to make your taste and your eyesight on alert! That visit will allow you to understand why the hype for Belgian beer is real, why it has begun and why it will continue!
This tour includes visits of famous Belgian breweries which are known all over the world, but also the sight of beer making Abbeys and the tasting of their products.
The environment of this tour also has to be taken into account has a strong point. Flanders has the reputation of being romantic region due to its natural landscapes.
- An eleven-hour guided tour into Flanders in order to stop by some important points of interest in Flanders brewing heritage.
- Visit the Huyghe brewery, a perfect example of the brewing success in Belgium, a brewery deeply rooted in the Belgian history which produces internationally famous beers but which is also truly concerned by sustainability.
- Walk and admire the Westvleteren Abbey, one of the only Abbeys in Belgium whose monks are still making beer and taste their products in a charming restaurant situated in a picturesque landscape.
- Enjoy the environment of this tour in Flanders, a real romantic natural landscape that will allow you a change of scenery.
- During this tour, you’ll also be able to see the hop fields which are part of the beer recipe and offer quite a breathtaking view.
- Personalized and tailor-made service: we adapt the activity to your desires and needs.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- We are a Destination Management Company (DMC) in Belgium specializing in creating tailor-made experiences for groups: Team-building, Incentive travel and Business tourism.
We will start our excursion from Brussels with our guide and travel through Flanders both Eastern and Western part by minivan/van/bus leaving at 8h We will travel in a region which has an international reputation for its romantic landscapes.
While leaving the Belgian capital we will be heading to the Huyghe Brewery. You’re maybe already familiar with the brand logo of one of its most famous product, a pink elephant, or its multiple bars throughout Europe, particularly the Delirium bar located in the center of Brussels known to be the bar serving most kinds of beers in the world. Discover its great history through this guided tour that will also allow you to taste its most famous product. They are producing Delirium beer but, also some other famous beer as they have a long history with brewing as they brew since the 17th century.
After a journey into Flemish landscapes, you’ll arrive to the Westvleteren Abbey, with its rich history of beer making and countryside environment, it offers picturesque hiking spots that you’ll undertake in order to enjoy the region landscapes to the most allowing you to reconnect with a more natural environment and take a break from the business of a urban life.
This walk should have whet your appetite, thus we are going to take you to the “In de Vrede” restaurant who cook dishes with the Abbey products. This stop will then allow you to discover the region with your eyesight, but also with your taste. You’ll be delighted with the menu proposed that will allow you to get an overview of the abbey’s culinary production.
A short journey separates us to our next stop, the Sint Bernardus Brewery and its Hop fields. Hop that is an essential ingredient in the beer-making process that is used during the cooking to give it all its flavors. Thankfully, to the bar situated on the 3rd floor of the building offering a panoramic view, you’ll be able to admire the hop fields which will give you a breathtaking scene we can qualify of unique. In the meantime, you’ll taste their beers, cheese and other delicacies that the region has to propose.
Our last journey will be the return to Brussels during which you’ll be able to enjoy the magnificent Flemish landscapes one last time.
Finally, we will return to Brussels with an approximate arrival time at 19h.
- Single price for the service of a guide: 340 €
- Group of maximum 33 people per guide.
- Transport costs:
- Minivan (from 1 to 6 people): 600€.
- Bus (from 7 to 15 people): 800€.
- Bus (from 16 to 33 people): 1200€.
- Tasting price per person:
- Groups of 1 to 6 people. + 160€ pp.
- Groups from 7 to 15 people. + 139€ pp.
- Groups from 16 to 33 people. + 125€ pp.
- Every day.
- The choice is yours (to be agreed with the guide).
- The choice is yours (at your hotel or to be agreed with the guide).
- Approximately 11 hours (can be adapted to your needs).
- English (also available in French and Spanish).
- Local English-speaking guide.
- Exclusive and private tour.
- Tours defined according to your needs. Can be included: transport, museum admissions, tastings, meals, drinks…
This product is a turnkey activity, the booking process is very simple. Choose the day and options you wish to book. That’s all you have to do. Immediately after your payment, you will receive a confirmation email and one of our project managers will contact you to adapt the activity to your needs and expectations.
Book one of our packages above or send us a message to book one of our private guides, get more information or receive a personalized offer.