Flemish city located about fifty kilometers from Brussels, Ghent has managed to preserve its historical heritage over the years. Its medieval centre, still intact, where magnificent Gothic buildings are concentrated, makes it a city with a unique charm and atmosphere that thousands of visitors come to enjoy every year.
- Discover one of the most beautiful historic cities of Europe.
- Visit of historical sites and monuments: museums, medieval castle….
- Opportunity to admire the altarpiece of “The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” by the Van Eyck brothers. One of the most important works of art from the Middle Ages.
- Dynamic visit with a passionate guide.
- Visit an authentic medieval castle.
- Take one shoe off in exchange for a beer at the famous bar De Dulle Griet.
- Eat the local dishes such as fries, mussels and Flemish beef and beer stew.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
What to expect:
- Departure from Brussels by train (faster, safer, more comfortable, more environmentally friendly and less walking) with our guide, who will tell you about the history, the architecture, the legends and much more for a visit of maximum 3 hours.
- The guide will suggest free-time activities (museums, restaurants, boutiques…).
- Free time of 3 hours.
- Return to Brussels by train with our guide. If you would like to stay in Ghent for a longer time, our guide will give you all the necessary information to return to Brussels.
- Saint Bavo’s Cathedral, a spectacular Gothic church decorated with majestic Baroque ornamentation. Step into the marble choir and private chapels, admire Peter Paul Rubens’ painting “Saint Bavo Enters the Convent at Ghent” and the Rococo pulpit, and go into the Romanesque crypt, where you can also admire its frescoes. Optional visit to the altarpiece “the Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” by the Van Eyck brothers, which is one of the most important works of art of the Middle Ages.
- The market square, the Belfort tower, and the covered market.
- The City Hall, an extraordinary building combining Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture.
- The churches of St. Nicholas, St. James, and St. Michel, three parish churches that stand as a reminding of Ghent’s medieval past.
- The Graslei, old port of the city and one of the most scenic places in Ghent, where you can admire the river Leie and the old guildhalls.
- Gravensteen, a medieval castle that was the former residence of the Counts of Flanders.
- Patershol, picturesque area with buildings of charming brick facades where restaurants and cafés offer you the best of the Flemish cuisine.
- The medieval butchery, an imposing Gothic building of 1408 that is one of Europe oldest meat markets.
- Adults: 35€
- Children (under 12 years old): Free.
- Children (12 to 25 years old): 30€
- Seniors (over 65 years old): 27€
- Several times a week.
- Starting time:
- Meeting point:
- Grand-Place in front of the City Hall. Find our guides! They hold a white umbrella.
- 9 hours.
- Professional guide (English-speaking), expert in the history and the legends of Ghent.
- Round trip by train from Brussels (Brussels-Ghent-Brussels).
- Not included:
- The meals.
- The tickets to the museums (optional).
- The optional visit of the altarpiece “the Adoration of the Mystic Lamb”.
Frequently asked questions:
Size of the group:
To ensure the best service possible, our tours are limited to 25 participants per group. For larger groups, please contact us.
We advise you to reserve your place as soon as possible to ensure availability.
You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (depending on the availability).
How to spot our guides?
That’s easy! Our guides hold a white umbrella with the “Bravo Discovery – Walking tour” logo on it.
We are a group:
We advise you, in this case, our private guide service for a “Ghent Private tour”. Or send us a message to receive a personalized offer.
Do you have more questions?
If you have any further questions or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.