A magnificent ancient city in West Flanders, Bruges has managed to preserve its charm and medieval aspect throughout the ages, attracting thousands of people every year. Bruges is considered by many to be the most beautiful city in Belgium.
- Day trip to one of Belgium’s most beautiful cities.
- Explore Bruges the “Venice of the North”, a wonderful medieval city.
- Walk through the streets while listening to the legends of this fairy-tale place and take a boat trip on the canals (possibility to take a boat trip on the canals).
- Eat the local dishes (mussels, french fries, Flemish carbonnades) and opportunity to buy the best Belgian artisan chocolates.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
What to expect:
- Departure from Brussels by train (faster, safer, more comfortable, more environmentally friendly and less walking) with our guide, who will tell you about the history, the architecture, the legends and much more for a visit of maximum 3 hours.
- The guide will suggest free-time activities (museums, restaurants, boutiques…).
- Free time of 3 hours.
- Return to Brussels by train with our guide. If you would like to stay in Bruges for a longer time, our guide will give you all the necessary information to return to Brussels.
- The ancient city wall park. Admire parts of the ancient city wall and the ancient moats while taking fresh air.
- Markt Square, the tenth century city market that has been for a millennium the economic heart of Bruges. Admire its imposing guildhalls and its bellfort tower, which is one of the most famous Gothic buildings in Belgium.
- Burg Square, the political heart of the city, place in which the city was born around the castle of the first Count of Flanders. Admire the oldest Gothic city hall of the Low Countries, the Basilica of the Holy Blood (it treasures a relic of the blood of Jesus Christ), and the civil register built in Renaissance architecture.
- VisMarkt (fishmarket) and the Tanners’ Square, two of the oldest squares in Bruges with their beautiful guildhalls and lovely cafés and restaurants.
- GroeningeMuseum (possibility to enter the museum and see the paintings of the Flemish Primitives).
- Our Lady of Bruges is one of the oldest churches in the city. Admire its impressive tower that is still one of the tallest brickwork towers in the world, and take a look to its art treasures, including Michelangelo’s Madonna with the child (optional).
- Old St. John’s Hospital is one of the oldest hospitals in Europe, where you can appreciate 800 years of European architecture, learn about its history, and visit the museum of Hans Memling (optional).
- Brewery “De Halve Maan” is the only brewery still operating in the city center. During lunchtime try one of the famous Bruges beers and a “Flemish Carbonnade”, a traditional beef stew made with local beer.
- The Beguinage. Visit one of the best-preserved examples of medieval gated communities in which only women could live. Learn about its history, visit its courtyard, appreciate its unique architecture and art treasures (including the oldest sculpture of Our Lady of Bruges), and enjoy a moment of calm and contemplation.
- The “Lake of Love” is one of the main water reservoirs that nourish the canal system of “the Venice of the North”. Admire a stunning panoramic view of the city in a bucolic spot that seems to whispers into your ears the secrets of the city.
- Adults: 30€
- Children (under 12 years old): Free.
- Children (12 to 25 years old): 27€
- Seniors (over 65 years old): 22€
- Several times a week.
- Grand-Place in front of the City Hall. Find our guides! They hold a white umbrella.
- 9 hours.
- Professional guide (English-speaking), expert in the history and the legends of Bruges.
- Round trip by train from Brussels (Brussels-Bruges-Brussels).
- The meals.
- The tickets to the museums (optional).
- The optional boat tour (optional).
Frequently asked questions:
Size of the group:
To ensure the best service possible, our tours are limited to 25 participants per group. For larger groups, please contact us.
We advise you to reserve your place as soon as possible to ensure availability.
You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (depending on the availability).
How to spot our guides?
That’s easy! Our guides hold a white umbrella with the “Bravo Discovery – Walking tour” logo on it.
We are a group:
We advise you, in this case, our private guide service for a “Bruges Private tour”. Or send us a message to receive a personalized offer.
Do you have more questions?
If you have any further questions or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.