Antwerp is an incredible architectural city with an exciting history that we invite you to discover on this day trip.
Antwerp is located about 150 km from Brussels and was home to the master of the Baroque style, Paul Peter Rubens. The city has the largest Gothic church in the Low Countries, where you can admire two of the most beautiful masterpieces of the baroque painter.
Antwerp is the second largest town of Belgium, the largest port of Belgium and the second largest port of Europe. You will be pleasantly surprised by the history of the city and by the fusion of architectural styles from various periods of time.
- Day trip to the second most important city in Belgium.
- Unusual visit to a diamond cutting workshop in the famous Jewish district.
- Discover the works of the famous Pierre Paul Rubens and his private residence.
- Visit of historical and fascinating places: railway station, cathedral …
- Learn about fashion and design in Belgium.
- Visit the Cathedral and marvel at the masterpieces of Paul Peter Rubens.
- Eat the local dishes such as fries, mussels and Flemish beef and beer stew.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
What to expect:
- Departure from Brussels by train (faster, safer, more comfortable, more environmentally friendly and less walking) with our guide, who will tell you about the history, the architecture, the legends and much more for a visit of maximum 3 hours.
- The guide will suggest free-time activities (museums, restaurants, boutiques…).
- Free time of 3 hours.
- Return to Brussels by train with our guide. If you would like to stay in Antwerp for a longer time, our guide will give you all the necessary information to return to Brussels.
- The Central Train Station, known as the “iron cathedral” and considered as one of the most beautiful railway stations in the world
- The diamond district, where you will learn about the history and cutting process of diamonds, and admire unique jewellery pieces
- “The Meir”, Antwerp’s main shopping street and where you can admire fashion stores in a beautiful architectonical setting
- The “Meir Palace”, a Rococo mansion that was Napoleon’s palace. Taste artisanal coffee and handmade chocolate in what is now one of the most famous chocolate shops in Belgium
- Rubens’ house and learn a quick history of his work and contribution to Flemish art
- The marketplace, the guildhalls and the City Hall
- Cathedral of Our Lady, which is the largest Gothic church in the Low Countries and admire its north tower. Inside, contemplate an art collection that includes four masterpieces of Paul Peter Rubens. Visit the Baroque pulpit with a wooden sculpture of Pocahontas, and check beautiful stained glasses
- Saint Charles Borromeo church, a jewel of Baroque architecture in the city that treasures one if the most beautiful Baroque confessionals in the world
- The “Het Steen”, a medieval castle located in the city’s ancient port, from where you can admire the Scheldt River and contemplate a sunset next to the water.
- Adults: 34€
- Children (under 12 years old): Free.
- Children (12 to 25 years old): 30€
- Seniors (over 65 years old): 27€
- Several times a week.
- Grand-Place in front of the City Hall. Find our guides! They hold a white umbrella.
- 9 hours.
- Professional guide (English-speaking), expert in the history and the legends of Antwerp.
- Round trip by train from Brussels (Brussels-Antwerp-Brussels).
- The meals.
- The tickets to the museums (optional).
- The optional visit of the private residence of Paul Peter Rubens (paid directly on site).
- The optional visit of the Cathedral (paid directly on site).
Frequently asked questions:
Size of the group:
To ensure the best service possible, our tours are limited to 25 participants per group. For larger groups, please contact us.
We advise you to reserve your place as soon as possible to ensure availability.
You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (depending on the availability).
How to spot our guides?
That’s easy! Our guides hold a white umbrella with the “Bravo Discovery – Walking tour” logo on it.
We are a group:
We advise you, in this case, our private guide service for a “Antwerp Private tour”. Or send us a message to receive a personalized offer.
Do you have more questions?
If you have any further questions or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.