Day trip to Antwerp from Brussels
Day trip to Antwerp from Brussels takes you to a trendy and fashionable place, Antwerp is full of amazing architecture, chic boutiques and intimate art galleries. It’s also the diamond capital of the world since the 15th century. Great to know is that every diamond sold in the diamond district is guaranteed conflict-free, ethical, and in compliance with the UN resolutions.
On our day trip to Antwerp from Brussels, we will discover that during the Golden Age in the 15th and 16th century, Antwerp was one of the largest cities in the world as well as one of the most important trading and cultural centres in Europe. It was here that Peter Paul Rubens, the famous master painter of the Baroque worked and lived all his life.
On day trip to Antwerp from Brussels, you will mesmerize at Antwerp’s impressive architecture. It´s Gothic Cathedral, the tallest in the Low Countries, proudly displays a fantastic collection of 4 most distinguished works by Rubens and sumptuous stained-glass windows
Only 50 km away from Brussels, it is very easy to get to Antwerp by train. If you care about the environment and climate change, this is the greenest as well as the most practical option, and also travelling by train allows you to enjoy the scenery and interact with local people.
So, with so much beauty, art, history, and architecture to discover what are you waiting for?
Sign up today for our day trip to Antwerp from Brussels by train!
- Day trip to the second most important city in Belgium.
- Unusual visit to a diamond cutting workshop in the famous Jewish district.
- Discover the works of the famous Pierre Paul Rubens and his private residence.
- Visit of historical and fascinating places: railway station, cathedral …
- Learn about fashion and design in Belgium.
- Visit the Cathedral and marvel at the masterpieces of Paul Peter Rubens.
- Eat the local dishes such as fries, mussels and Flemish beef and beer stew.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
Program of the day trip to Antwerp from Brussels:
Our day trip to Antwerp from Brussels, starts at Brussels Grand Place at 9:30 am. From there we set off to Antwerp by train- best way to enjoy the wonderful landscapes of Flanders with it’s impressive colour palette that changes every season.
During the train journey our guide will mention historical highlights of Antwerp, places we are visiting, suggests activities and the time we return to Brussels.
After 40 min ride, we arrive at Antwerp’s Central station, aka cathedral of trains and immediately you will marvel at an amazing architectural gem. Our tour starts here and lasts approx. three hours.
- The Central Train Station, known as the “iron cathedral” and considered as one of the most beautiful railway stations in the world
- The diamond district, where you will learn about the history and cutting process of diamonds, and admire unique jewellery pieces
- “The Meir”, Antwerp’s main shopping street and where you can admire fashion stores in a beautiful architectonical setting
- The “Meir Palace”, a Rococo mansion that was Napoleon’s palace. Taste artisanal coffee and handmade chocolate in what is now one of the most famous chocolate shops in Belgium
- Rubens’ house and learn a quick history of his work and contribution to Flemish art
- The marketplace, the guildhalls and the City Hall
- Cathedral of Our Lady, which is the largest Gothic church in the Low Countries and admire its north tower. Inside, contemplate an art collection that includes four masterpieces of Paul Peter Rubens. Visit the Baroque pulpit with a wooden sculpture of Pocahontas, and check beautiful stained glasses
- Saint Charles Borromeo church, a jewel of Baroque architecture in the city that treasures one if the most beautiful Baroque confessionals in the world
- The “Het Steen”, a medieval castle located in the city’s ancient port, from where you can admire the Scheldt River and contemplate a sunset next to the water.
Our day trip to Antwerp from Brussels offers approx. 2 hours on our own. We will then meet up the guide and return to Brussels, where we are scheduled to arrive around 19:00 hrs.
- Adults: 50€
- Children (12 to 25 years old): 48€
- Seniors (over 65 years old): 45€
- Children (under 12 years old): Free.
- Several times a week.
- Grand-Place in front of the City Hall. Find our guides! They hold a white umbrella.
- 9 hours.
- Professional guide (English-speaking), expert in the history and the legends of Antwerp.
- Round trip by train from Brussels (Brussels-Antwerp-Brussels).
- The meals.
- The tickets to the museums (optional).
- The optional visit of the private residence of Paul Peter Rubens (paid directly on site).
- The optional visit of the Cathedral (paid directly on site).
Frequently asked questions:
Size of the group:
To ensure the best service possible, our tours are limited to 25 participants per group. For larger groups, please contact us.
We advise you to reserve your place as soon as possible to ensure availability.
You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (depending on the availability).
How to spot our guides?
That’s easy! Our guides hold a white umbrella with the “Bravo Discovery – Walking tour” logo on it.
We are a group:
We advise you, in this case, our private guide service for a “Antwerp Private tour”. Or send us a message to receive a personalized offer.
Do you have more questions?
If you have any further questions or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.