Chocolate, Beer and Fries Tour of Brussels.
On our chocolate, beer and fries tasting chocolate tour of Brussels, we start with a tasting of six pralines, made by authentic Belgian master chocolatiers such as Pierre Marcolini and Mery’s. Also, from the new generation of Chocolatiers like master chocolatier Jitsk, who has been researching further and has come up with new fusions of different flavours and smells. We will be delighted in tasting a unique fusion of flavours: mango with yuzu, cassis with black pepper, coffee with coconut spices, lime kefir with potato vodka, curry with raisins and salted macadamia, … All these blends covered with dark chocolate, a higher temptation. Yeah, Brussels doesn’t just smell like chocolate, it tastes like chocolate.
After finishing the chocolate tasting, we will then go to one of the capital’s iconic bars to try out two spontaneously fermented beers-typical of Brussels -they are still brewed with wild yeast.
Afterwards, we will savour the wonderful “frites” or French fries, in a typical “frietkot” (Frites stall), which is also the only left in the city centre that still fries potatoes in the traditional way We will certainly try them with a good sauce of our choice. It makes our mouths watering, doesn’t it?
We finish our tour at a famous bar in the city centre, tasting two beers whose recipes were created by monks of the Trappist abbeys and are top-fermented beers.
If you want to spend a real gourmet weekend in Brussels, not only tasting beer, but also indulging in chocolates and fries, don’t hesitate to book our chocolate, beer and fries tour of Brussels!
- Three hours tour in tasting beer, chocolate and fries.
- Indulge in six chocolates from the master chocolatiers Pierre Marcolini, Mery and Jitsk.
- Four tastings of both spontaneously and top-fermented beers.
- Discover the history of Belgian beer, chocolate and frites.
- English speaking local and passionate Brussel’s guides.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Tailored service for private groups, companies and tour operators.
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
- Adults: 50€
- Private group: you can also book this activity in private for your group. Contact us by email.
- Every Saturday.
- 3:00 pm
- The meeting point is at Brussel’s Grand-Place, in front of the city Hall. (Please arrive at least 10 minutes before departure time. You will recognise our guides carrying a WHITE umbrella with the Bravo Discovery logo)
- About 3 hours.
- The workshop is exclusively in English.
- The workshop fee includes everything from cooking gear to professional grade ingredients and complimentary hot chocolate with a recipe.
- Additional food or drinks.
- Guided tour by an expert in Belgian beers and its history.
- Tasting of 4 special Belgian beers of spontaneous fermentation and also top fermentation.
- Tasting of 6 chocolate pralines from Pierre Marcolini, Mery and Jitsk.
- Fries Tasting.
Frequently asked questions:
What is the group size of our chocolate, beer and fries tour of Brussels?
In order to guarantee a service with quality, our tours are limited to a maximum of 20 people per group.
When to book ourchocolate, beer and fries tasting chocolate tour of Brussels?
We recommend that you book your place as early as possible to ensure availability. Reservations can be made up to two hours before the Chocolate Beer & Fries Tour of Brussels, as long as there are still places available.
How do I recognise our guides?
Our guides are easy to recognise: they carry a white umbrella with the Bravo Discovery logo and the words “Walking Tour”.
If we are a group, how do we book the chocolate, beer and fries tour of Brussels?
We recommend a private guide for the “Beer & Chips Chocolate Tour of Brussels”. Send us a message with the group information and we will send you a personalised offer.
Is it possible for the guide to pick us up at our hotel?
Yes, for groups of more than 10 people (only in hotels located in the centre of Brussels).
Can children under 18 years of age sign up for the chocolate beer and fries Tour of Brussels?
Children under the age of 18 can register for the tour if an adult is with them and gives their consent. The minimum age is 16 years, if accompanied by an adult.
We are a group:
Tailored service for private groups. Send us a message to receive a personalized offer.
Nayara (verified owner) –
Verified review - view original
Very great, fun and informative tour! Eric was a great tour guide.
Joanne (verified owner) –
Verified review - view original
Tiago was a most delightful guide and we had a wonderful tour. The chocolates, beer and frites were all delicious. He gave great information on the origins and it was a lot of fun. Would definitely recommend him.