Bruges to Damme Bike Tour.
Ride with us from Bruges to Damme along the Sluis canal, also known as the Napoleon canal, a poplar trees-decorated waterway in the middle of Flemish polders, potatoes and beetroot fields. Gaze at the visiting birds, as well as vast cattle and sheep farms. Let yourself be delighted by this calm medieval town full of history and literary treasures that are only waiting for you to be discovered!
- Live a 4-hour bike trip on the natural journey that links Bruges to Damme along the Sluis canal, also known as the Napoleon canal and Flanders fields.
- A 1 hour and 30 minutes bike ride suitable to a large number thanks to a flat and straight route.
- Discover the landscape immersed within the polders and the region’s typical poplar trees, a place of rest for aquatic and migratory birds
- Appreciate an overwhelming panoramic view of Damme at the top of the majestic windmill located just before the town’s entrance.
- Have a taste of Belgian traditional cuisine in this medieval village’s cozy restaurants.
- Be amazed by the literary treasures hidden in Damme’s several local book stores or in the Book market that takes place every second Sunday of the month.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- Professional guides (accredited by the Bruges Tourist Office).
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
Itinerary of the bike tour from Bruges to Damme:
We will travel from Bruges to Damme by bicycle riding leisurely on a flat and straight route along the Sluis canal also named Napoleon canal, contemplating the Flemish polders and fields. During this tour, you will appreciate the visit of different water birds such as ducks, cormorants and herons, as well as the picturesque scene cattle and sheep farms offer in the landscape, and the typical rural houses surrounded by potato and beetroot fields. Damme is one of the smallest Belgian cities that have successfully managed to keep great cultural treasures, and is also an excellent destination to get away from the crowds and to provide to your holiday a breath of fresh air.
We will start our tour at the tourist information desk located in the Central Station of Bruges. The bike ride will last approximately one hour including some stops through the renowned Napoleon canal to hydrate and to let ourselves be captivated by the poplars landscape that borders it. Before entering the village, we will stop at Damme’s majestic windmill just near the city’s entrance. From that place, our visit brings you a 360-degree experience with a beautiful panoramic view.
Then, we will park our bicycles on Damme’s Grand Place and from this moment we will have free time to taste its gastronomic offer, our guide will suggest you a typical Belgian cuisine restaurant and there you’ll learn a little more about the city culture.
Damme is also recognized for being full of literary treasures, as there are many quaint local bookstores with antique and special collections. By the way, every second Sunday of the month, this little town becomes a book market. In any case, we suggest you to visit any of its bookstores; some of the most conventional ones are Diogenes, Napoleon or Maerlant, usually open from Tuesday to Friday.
- Adults: 45 €
- Children (under 16 years old): 42€
- Seniors (over 65 years old): 42€
- Private tour: you can also book this activity in private for you or your group (send us a message for a personalized offer).
- Private and personalized tour: 180€ (up to 15 people) + 17€ per person (bike rental).
- Available from April 2020, every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 10.30 am, until the last Friday of September 2020.
- For a private tour: every day.
- Brugge railway station (in tourist information of the station).
- 4 hours.
- Bike riding duration : 1hour and 30 minutes including stops.
- Professional guide (English-speaking).
- One bike per person.
- A bottle of water or a beer at Damme.
- 4 hours service from Bruges.
- Food and drinks (optional)
Frequently asked questions:
Size of the group:
To ensure the best service possible, our tours are limited to 15 participants per group.
We have a team of professional guides who will accompany you at all times and who will adapt to your pace.
For larger groups, please contact us.
When to book?:
We advise you to reserve your place as soon as possible to ensure availability.
You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (depending on the availability).
How to spot our guides?
That’s easy! Our guides hold a white umbrella with the “Bravo Discovery – Walking tour” logo on it.
We are a group:
We advise you, in this case, our private guide service. Send us a message and we will send you a personalized offer.
Extra information and recommendations.
The tour is not adapted for people with reduced mobility or for less than 12 years old.
We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes, water to hydrate yourself and sunscreen or caps if it is hot or sunny.
Do you have more questions?
If you have any further questions or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.