Belgian Chocolate Tasting Tour of Brussels
Belgian chocolate tasting circuit in the historic centre of Brussels
Belgium is famous for its gastronomy and especially for its chocolate and during this Chocolate Tasting Tour in Brussels, you will discover the history of Belgian chocolate and what makes it famous. You will be transported back in time to the beginning of cocoa, when it was the favourite drink of ancient pre-Hispanic cultures like the Olmecs and Aztecs.
You will then travel to the Mayas who started the tradition of the hot cocoa drink called Xocoatl (Aztec chocolate). This drink comparable to our hot chocolate was made of cocoa beans to which they added corn and various spices.
You will end our journey through time by learning how cocoa arrived in Belgium and its manufacturing process to obtain these famous pralines. You will also have the opportunity to taste a wide range of pralines made by the best Brussels chocolatiers.
Take part in your own chocolate tasting tour in Brussels with family or friends. You will taste chocolates and pralines from the best chocolatiers, the oldest like Mary, Neuhaus, Corné but also the youngest like Galler, Darcis and Marcolini.
|Type of activity:||
The Grand-Place of Brussels in front of the City Hall.
This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- Live and enjoy a pleasant gourmet stroll through the streets of the historic centre of Brussels thanks to our Belgian chocolate tasting tour in Brussels.
- Learn more about the history of cacao in Belgium and explore the secrets behind making the best chocolates in the world.
- Discover the best chocolatiers in Brussels and visit their renowned boutiques.
- Taste quality pralines.
- Enjoy the magical setting of the historic centre of Brussels during a two and a half hour walk.
- An unusual way to discover the heart of the city of Brussels.
- Historical and gourmet visit around a Belgian symbol.
- Visit appreciated by chocolate lovers.
- Passionate and professional guide.
- The itineraries are arranged to suit your needs and preferences (entertaining, academic, professional, etc.).
- Tailored service for private groups, companies and tour operators.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
- To start your chocolate tasting tour in Brussels, you will meet at the Grand-Place. This is where you will have the pleasure of hearing a quick introduction to the history of chocolate from its American origins to the present day.
- You will then leave the Grand-Place to head to the first store on our itinerary: Leonidas. In this chocolate factory, you will taste their emblematic Manon made of a white chocolate shell, filled with butter cream on a praline bed and a grilled hazelnut.
- You will continue your visit to Jean-Philippe Darcis, one of the standard bearers of the new generation of artisan chocolatiers, ambassador of Belgian chocolate and winner of numerous prizes in international competitions.
- Then you will go to the Galler chocolate factory where you can taste one of their creations, the “Madagascar” praline, which takes its name from its ganache made with beans from Madagascar.
- Your chocolate tasting tour in Brussels will then take you to Corné Port-Royal. Chocolatier who for nearly 100 years has made the reputation of Brussels chocolate. In this shop, you will have the pleasure of savouring a choice: a white praline filled with speculoos (typical Belgian biscuit), a truffle filled with Guérande salt, or a dark chocolate praline filled with cream.
- Your fourth stop will be at another traditional chocolate house, the famous Mary chocolate factory, where you can enjoy two of their specialties: King Albert ganache and a pink champagne truffle filled with their famous ruby-coloured chocolate.
- Afterwards, you will go to the Neuhaus shop, one of the oldest chocolate houses and which is credited with the creation of the pralines and the ballotin. You will taste their specialty called “Caprice”, with a choice of flavours of red fruits, nuts, vanilla or coffee.
- To conclude your chocolate tasting tour in Brussels, your last treat will take place in the shop of a new generation chocolatier, Laurent Gerbaud. Here, you will have the choice to enjoy a praline among the specialties of this chocolatier who combines high quality chocolate with spices and candied fruit.
- As far as possible, you will also stop at Pierre Marcolini. One of the most famous chocolatiers in Brussels.
- Pierre Marcolini.
- Pierre Ledent.
- Maison Dandoy.
- Adults – 50€
- Children age (4-11) – 30€
- Infants (less than 4) – free
- Every Saturday.
- 2 hours and 30 minutes
- The Grand-Place in Brussels, opposite the City Hall. You will recognize our guides by their white umbrella with the Bravo Discovery logo.
- Passionate and professional guide.
- Tasting of chocolates and pralines.
- Additional drinks
Terms of service:
- To ensure your participation, we recommend booking your tour as soon as possible.
- The number of participants is limited.
- Without prior booking, our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the tour depending on the availability.
- We kindly ask you to be at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time.
- The reservation is free and without charge.
- You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (please note that the number of participants is limited to 25 per group).
- Up to 24 hours prior to the tour: 100% refund.
- Less than 24 hours prior to the tour: no refund.
Frequently asked questions:
Is this tour accessible to people with reduced mobility?
As the visit takes place in the historic centre of Brussels, some places are more difficult to access than others. However, all the chocolate factories we will visit are accessible to people with reduced mobility.
In order to offer and guarantee a quality service, our visits are limited to a maximum of 25 people per group.
When should you book?
We advise you to book your visit as soon as possible to ensure the availability of places.
However, you can reserve your place up to two hours before the start of the visit.
How to recognize our guides?
You will easily recognize our guides by their white umbrella embellished with the Bravo Discovery logo and the words “Walking Tour”.
What if we want to do the group visit?
We recommend our private guide service: “Private chocolate tasting in Brussels”.
In order to obtain a personalized offer, we advise you to send us an email, including information relating to your group (number of people, date, time of the visit, etc).
You have questions?
If you have any questions or would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.
Customer reviews on independent platforms:
We have the best reviews on the platforms:
Other customer reviews:
Hello, how can we help you?
Let's go, book your experience
Your tickets by e-mail instantly and free cancellation, without conditions, up to 48 hours in advance.