Beer Route in Flanders
Who wouldn’t be interested in learning how the most well-known alcoholic beverage in Belgium, if not the entire globe, is made? A beverage that has made Belgian expertise shine globally and has been formally recognized as such as a result of its inclusion on the UNESCO heritage list. We cordially invite you to learn more about this custom throughout this encounter that will tantalize your taste as well as your eyes. In essence, this trip will help you comprehend the origins, justification, and prospects of the Belgian beer craze.
The beer trail in Flanders includes stops at several well-known Belgian breweries as well as a trip through and tasting of a Trappist abbey.
Although Flanders is well known for having picturesque scenery, the location in which this circuit is held must also be respected for its positive aspects.
- An 11-hour circuit in the Flanders region to discover several points of interest in Flanders’ brewing heritage.
- Pay a visit to the Huyghe brewery, a Belgian success story in the brewing industry that produces well-known beers around the world while also being highly concerned with sustainability.
- Go for a stroll while admiring the Abbey of Westvleteren, one of the few Belgian monasteries where the monks still make beer, and sample it at a delightful restaurant nestled in the middle of a picturesque landscape.
- Enjoy the environment offered by this tour in Flanders. A natural and romantic landscape that will allow you to break away from your daily life.
- During this tour, you will also be able to contemplate fields of hops which are used in the beer recipe and offer a splendid view.
- Personalized and tailor-made service: we adapt the activity to your desires and needs.
- Responsible tourism: this activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourist Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- We are an incoming agency in Belgium specializing in the creation of tailor-made experiences for groups: Team building, incentive travel and business tourism.
We will start our excursion from Brussels with our guide and travel through Flanders both Eastern and Western part by minivan/van/bus leaving at 8h We will travel in a region which has an international reputation for its romantic landscapes.
While leaving the Belgian capital we will be heading to the Huyghe Brewery. You’re maybe already familiar with the brand logo of one of its most famous product, a pink elephant, or its multiple bars throughout Europe, particularly the Delirium bar located in the center of Brussels known to be the bar serving most kinds of beers in the world. Discover its great history through this guided tour that will also allow you to taste its most famous product. They are producing Delirium beer but, also some other famous beer as they have a long history with brewing as they brew since the 17th century.
After a journey into Flemish landscapes, you’ll arrive to the Westvleteren Abbey, with its rich history of beer making and countryside environment, it offers picturesque hiking spots that you’ll undertake in order to enjoy the region landscapes to the most allowing you to reconnect with a more natural environment and take a break from the business of a urban life.
This walk should have whet your appetite, thus we are going to take you to the “In de Vrede” restaurant who cook dishes with the Abbey products. This stop will then allow you to discover the region with your eyesight, but also with your taste. You’ll be delighted with the menu proposed that will allow you to get an overview of the abbey’s culinary production.
A short journey separates us to our next stop, the Sint Bernardus Brewery and its Hop fields. Hop that is an essential ingredient in the beer-making process that is used during the cooking to give it all its flavors. Thankfully, to the bar situated on the 3rd floor of the building offering a panoramic view, you’ll be able to admire the hop fields which will give you a breathtaking scene we can qualify of unique. In the meantime, you’ll taste their beers, cheese and other delicacies that the region has to propose.
Our last journey will be the return to Brussels during which you’ll be able to enjoy the magnificent Flemish landscapes one last time.
Finally, we will return to Brussels with an approximate arrival time at 19h.
- Single price for the service of a guide: 400€
- Group of maximum 33 people per guide.
- Transport costs:
- Minivan (from 1 to 6 people): 800€.
- Bus (from 7 to 15 people): 1000€.
- Bus (from 16 to 33 people): 1200€.
- Tasting price per person:
- Groups of 1 to 6 people. + 180€ pp.
- Groups from 7 to 15 people. + 180€ pp.
- Groups from 16 to 33 people. + 180€ pp.
- Every day.
- The choice is yours (to be agreed with the guide).
- You decide (The Grand Place in Brussels, in your hotel or anywhere else in Brussels).
- Approximately 11 hours (can be adapted to your needs).
- English (also available in French and Spanish).
- French-speaking local guide.
- Private and personalized visit.
- Circuits defined according to your needs. Can be included: transport, tastings, entrances to museums, meals, drinks, …
This product is a turnkey activity, the booking process is very simple. Choose the day and options you wish to book. That’s all you have to do. Immediately after your payment, you will receive a confirmation email and one of our project managers will contact you to adapt the activity to your needs and expectations.
Frequently asked questions:
Book one of our packages above or send us a message to book one of our private guides, get more information or receive a personalized offer.
Gabriel Bravo (store manager) –
Your opinion is very important.
Help us promote and rate this “Flanders beer tour” activity by leaving us a comment.
We do responsible tourism.