Guided tour Art in the Metro of Brussels.
Many people may not know it, but the Brussels metro is the largest underground art gallery in Belgium. On this tour you will discover the many works of art that these galleries have to offer.
Indeed, when we take the metro, we often do not pay any attention to the decoration of the stations. Yet these underground galleries represent one of the most diverse museums: different eras, different styles, different types.
With this very dynamic guided tour, where each point of interest will follow one another quickly, you simply will not have time to get bored.
In other words, you will have the opportunity to admire original and unorthodox works of art of different styles, techniques and nature, many of which evoke the city of Brussels.
This private art tour in the Brussels metro is a unique opportunity for you to rediscover Brussels in an unusual way and to take a new look at many of its metro stations.
Finally, this private art tour in the Brussels metro is a unique opportunity for us to discover the city outside of the usual monuments and heritage. In addition, we will be underground and therefore protected from the famous Belgian bad weather. It is therefore feasible at any time, summer or winter.
Don’t wait any longer, book our private art tour in the Brussels metro now!
- A very dynamic visit where each point of interest will follow one another quickly for a visit where you do not have time to get bored!
- Unsuspected original works of art of different styles, natures and techniques, many of which evoke the city of Brussels.
- A great diversity of works that will please everyone.
- An ideal visit for Belgians who want to change their vision of the Brussels metro or people who want to make an unusual visit.
- Thanks to this tour, let’s stay in the centre of Brussels without seeing the usual monuments and heritage and sheltered from bad weather.
- Personalized and tailor-made service: adaptation of the activity to our desires and needs.
- Responsible tourism: this activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Professional guides (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
- We are a Destination Management Company (DMC) in Belgium specializing in creating tailor-made experiences for groups: Team-building, Incentive travel and Business tourism.
The private tour “Art in the Brussels Metro” starts at Central Station where a guide will be waiting to guide us through the Brussels metro in two parts: line 1 and line 2.
As a first step, we will take metro line 1 towards Gare de l’Ouest.
During this first journey, we will make stops at the following stations: Sainte Catherine, Comte de Flandre, Étangs Noirs and Bekkant to discover the first works of our journey and their diversity.
During these stops on our private tour “Art in the Brussels Metro”, our guide will make a presentation of the monuments and works of art as well as the artists who created them: from the tulips of St. Catherine to the flying men of the Count of Flanders to the fresco of Black Ponds or the stained-glass window of Bekkant.
Finally, arriving at Gare de l’Ouest, our guide will present us the work there.
Our private Art tour in the Brussels metro will continue on line 2 direction Elisabeth. This will be the section with the most points of interest. These can be discovered at the following stops: Delacroix, Clémenceau, Porte de Hal, Porte de Namur, Botanique, Yser, Ribaucourt.
For this route, we will proceed in the same way as on line 1: at each stop presentation of the works and artists responsible for their creation.
During this second part of our private Art tour in the Brussels metro, we will discover and appreciate again the immense diversity of works of art that are there: classic or modern works design, colours or black and white, flat or relief. There really will be something for everyone.
After arriving in Ribaucourt, it will be time for us to go the other way back to Central Station and finish our private Art tour in the Brussels metro.
Of course, our visit can be modified to our image according to our needs and desires.
- Single price for the service of a guide: 220 €
- Group of maximum 30 people per guide.
- Transport costs:
- Tickets for transportation “Jump 24h”: 10€
- Every day.
- The choice is yours (to be agreed with the guide).
The choice is yours: at Brussels-Central Station, the Grand-Place in Brussels, at your hotel (as long as it is located in the centre of Brussels) or at the location of your choice in Brussels city centre.
- About 3 hours (adapts to your needs).
- English (also available in French and Spanish).
- Local English-speaking guide.
- Private and personalized tour.
- Circuits defined according to your needs.
- Optional: jump cards.
- Tastings, museum admissions, meals, drinks, … Their amount will be added to the visit package during invoicing.
This product is a turnkey activity, the booking process is very simple.
- Choice of the day and options we wish to book.
- Immediately after booking, we receive a confirmation email
- One of the project managers will contact us to adapt the activity to our needs and expectations.
Frequently asked questions:
How many people can participate at the same time in the Art in Brussels Metro private tour?
To ensure the best possible service, our tours are limited to 20 participants per group.
We have a team of professional guides who will accompany us at all times and adapt to our pace.
For larger groups, contact Bravo Discovery.
When should I book my Art Private Tour in the Brussels Metro?
Bravo Discovery advises to reserve seats as early as possible to ensure we leave on the desired date. Nevertheless, we can book up to 24 hours before the start of the tour (depending on availability).
Does the guide pick us up from our hotel for our private Art tour in the Brussels metro?
Yes, the guide will pick us up with pleasure at our hotel as long as it is located in the city centre. If this is not the case, we will join it at a specific point of our choice in the city centre.
Is any transport included in the price of the Art private tour in the Brussels metro?
To participate in the Art in the Brussels metro guided tour, we must be in possession of a transport ticket (BRUPAS, JUMP, Abonnement,…) valid in the STIB metro network for the entire duration of the visit. If we do not have a valid ticket in the STIB-MIVB network, we can buy it directly on the day of the visit or include it in the price of the visit when booking (optional 24-hour Jump ticket for an amount of 10 euros).
Is it possible to make visits during the Art private tour in the Brussels metro?
Yes, it is quite possible to make visits during the day. It should be noted, however, that the entrance fees to these different buildings are not included in the price. We will be charged in addition to the price of the day.
It is also important to notify Bravo Discovery by email when booking if we wish to visit one of these.
Is it possible to include tastings during the Art private tour in the Brussels metro?
It is quite possible to do tasting during the visit. If we wish to make a chocolate tasting, a supplement of 7 euro per person is requested for the tasting of 3 chocolates.
For beer tasting, it is possible to do it from 16 years old, but minors must be accompanied by an adult.
The tasting of two beers costs 12 euros and 25 euros in case we want a charcuterie platter to accompany it.
Can we do the Art private tour in Brussels metro in Dutch?
Of course. All private tours in Brussels can be done in any desired language. We just have to point it out when booking.
What if we have additional questions about the Art private tour in the Brussels metro?
If you have any further questions, we can contact Bravo Discovery. The company will be happy to answer us.
Gabriel Bravo (store manager) –
Your opinion is very important.
Help us promote and rate this “Art in the Brussels Metro” activity by leaving us a comment.
We do responsible tourism.