Guided tour of Antwerp with a private guide.
Antwerp, Belgium’s second most important city, has a surprising history that you will have the opportunity to discover during a personalized visit with a passionate guide. The fusion of architectural styles makes Antwerp a city with incomparable charm and a unique atmosphere that you will not regret coming to enjoy.
- You will discover Antwerp, the famous diamond shops, the architectural treasures, the wonderful cathedral and much more.
- Visit incredible historical and legendary sites and monuments
- Unusual visit to a diamond cutting workshop in the famous Jewish district.
- Enjoy a unique encounter with Rubens and its masterpieces.
- Visit the Cathedral, a historical treasure and the biggest gothic construction of the former Low Countries.
- Learn about fashion and design in Belgium.
- Eat the local dishes such as fries, mussels and Flemish beef and beer stew.
- Personalized visit with a passionate and attentive guide (certified by the Bruges Tourist Office).
- The itineraries are arranged to suit your needs and preferences (entertaining, academic, professional, etc.).
- Tailored service for private groups, companies and tour operators.
- Responsible tourism: This activity respects the codes of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- We work in partnership with the Brussels Tourism Office.
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Certificate of Excellence since 2013.
- Professional guide (English-speaking).
- Quick and easy booking (free cancellation*).
“Our guides, experts in the history and the legends of Antwerp, have prepared a number of routes and guided tours that can be tailored to your needs.”
Program of the private tour of Antwerp:
Tailor-made service: the itineraries are arranged to suit your needs and preferences. We have prepared for you several circuits and guided tours of Antwerp that are 100% customizable in terms of content, duration and means of transport.
The must-see places to visit in Antwerp:
- The Central Train Station, known as the “iron cathedral” and considered as one of the most beautiful railway stations in the world.
- The diamond district, where you will learn about the history and cutting process of diamonds, and admire unique jewellery pieces.
- “The Meir”, Antwerp’s main shopping street and where you can admire fashion stores in a beautiful architectonical setting.
- The “Meir Palace”, a Rococo mansion that was Napoleon’s palace. Taste artisanal coffee and handmade chocolate in what is now one of the most famous chocolate shops in Belgium
- Rubens’ house and learn a quick history of his work and contribution to Flemish art
- The marketplace, the guildhalls and the City Hall.
- Cathedral of Our Lady, which is the largest Gothic church in the Low Countries and admire its north tower. Inside, contemplate an art collection that includes four masterpieces of Paul Peter Rubens. Visit the Baroque pulpit with a wooden sculpture of Pocahontas, and check beautiful stained glasses.
- The “Het Steen”, a medieval castle located in the city’s ancient port, from where you can admire the Scheldt River and contemplate a sunset next to the water.
Examples of particular topics that can be addressed during the visit:
- Antwerp baroque:
- The Saint Charles Borromeo church, a jewel of Baroque architecture in the city that treasures one if the most beautiful Baroque confessionals in the world.
- The Church of Santiago, which was once a chapel for pilgrims. Today, it is a magnificent building, in flamboyant Gothic style, which houses both paintings by Rubens and the painter’s tomb.
- The Saint Paul’s Church. Inside the church, it is not only the paintings of great artists such as Rubens, Van Dyck or Jordaens that catches our attention.
- Unusual visit of a diamond cutting factory.
- Jewish heritage (Antwerp’s Jewish Quarter)
- Antwerp’s red light district.
Some examples of museums to discover in Antwerp:
- The Peter Paul Rubens Museum the house of the famous Belgian artist Peter Paul Rubens.Once our group is formed, where we have the chance to admire masterpieces by the Baroque artist and his contemporaries, such as The Annunciation…
- The Plantin-Moretus Museum. In this emblematic place, we admire the works of art that it holds. In addition, we will discover that it is one of the best publishing houses in the world.
- The MAS is more than an interesting building with countless impressive objects. Discover what makes the museum so unique and how it works. The MAS is a catalyst for the entire neighbourhood. Its modus operandi extends to every corner of the city and it attracts people from far beyond Antwerp.
We have a team of professional guides who will accompany you at all times and who will adapt to your pace.
- Private guide service:
- 190€ (guided tour of 3 hours – up to 10 people).
- 230€ (guided tour of 3 hours – up to 15 people).
- 300€ (guided tour of 3 hours – up to 25 people).
- 310€ (guided tour of 6 hours – up to 10 people).
- 400€ (guided tour of 6 hours – up to 15 people).
- 500€ (guided tour of 6 hours – up to 25 people).
- Every day.
- The choice is yours.
- The choice is yours. Pick-up in Antwerp (at the meeting point that suits you best) or in Brussels (private excursion).
- 3 hours or 6 hours.
- The tour is exclusively in English.
- English speaking guide.
- Exclusive and private tour.
- Tours defined according to your needs. Can be included: transport, museum admissions, meals, drinks…
Book one of our packages above or send us a message for more information or for any special request.
Frequently asked questions:
Size of the group:
To ensure the best service possible, our tours are limited to 25 participants per group. For larger groups, please contact us.
When to book?
We advise you to reserve your place as soon as possible to ensure availability.
You can book up to 24 hours before the beginning of the tour (depending on the availability).
Do you have more questions?
If you have any further questions or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.